The ArQuives (The ArQuives) is the largest independent LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. Primarily a volunteer-run organization, with a focus on Canadian content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves and provides public access to information and archival materials in any medium. The organization offers a range of research, exhibition, educational, and community programming. We are seeking an Archivist for a two year contract, beginning January 7, 2019.
The successful applicant will work in all areas of The ArQuives, including accessions, processing, arrangement and description, data entry, and reference services. The successful applicant will be working with the Executive Director, The ArQuives staff, and volunteers.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Masters of Information in Archival Studies or equivalent, with a minimum two years of related experience.
- Have experience doing arrangement and description, and a practical understanding of the Rules of Archival Description. Experience with Nomenclature 4 is an asset.
- Have experience working with AtoM, and InMagic DB/TextWorks.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, and can work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of LGBTQ2+ history, communities and their issues/interests.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The ArQuives.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our organization. We encourage applications from marginalized communities including those that identify as women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, Indigenous, people of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Organization website: www.arquives.ca
Application deadline: December 14, 2018
Salary: 58 000$; 37.5 hrs/wk
How to apply: Email a cover letter and CV to the attention of Raegan Swanson, Executive Director at email@example.com