The Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives (CLGA) is the largest independent LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. Primarily a volunteer-run organization, with a focus on Canadian content, the CLGA acquires, preserves and provides public access to information and archival materials in any medium. The organization offers a range of research, exhibition, educational and community programming.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for a nine month contract (April to December and 15 hours/week with a flexibility schedule) to work in collaboration with the Executive Director. The candidate will be providing administrative support to staff and volunteers. This includes maintaining the CLGA organisational files, donor database management, answering phones, directing deliveries, visitors, and mail to the appropriate person, banking, ordering supplies, room rentals, and organizing the CLGA calendar. It will also include assisting the Executive Director with meeting preparation, filing, and scheduling meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous administrative experience.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector, both hands-on and planning/strategic.
- Knowledge and understanding of the LGBTQ2+ communities and issues.
- Ability to work independently, with a project team, committees and in a primarily volunteer organization. Ability to take initiative and prioritize with a strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and experience working with databases.
- Strong organisational skills, time and project management, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills one-on-one, with groups, and in written form.
The CLGA is committed to supporting and encouraging a diverse environment and seeks candidates from underrepresented communities. Women, trans, gender-nonconforming, Black, Indigenous, and people of colour people are encouraged to apply.
Organization website: www.clga.ca
Application deadline: March 30, 2018
Salary: $17/hr; 15 hrs/wk
How to apply: Email a cover letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention of Raegan Swanson, Executive Director