WHO ARE OUR VOLUNTEERS:
At the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives we find volunteers from many different backgrounds, experiences, and diversities to help build the strength of the organization. From 1973 to 2004 the CLGA functioned as an entirely volunteer run community organization. Since 2004, the CLGA has grown the staff team to three and, the number of volunteers and volunteer hours has increased. In 2015 we had 122 people contribute almost 11,000 volunteer hours to the CLGA. Even with staff we haven’t lost that volunteer-driven and focused organization.
Current volunteer needs of the CLGA are always changing based on what is happening at the Archives. We are always looking for new people to volunteer in different areas of the CLGA. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about volunteer opportunities with the CLGA. Below you will find our current opportunities:
- Administration: Volunteers working in administration will perform a range of administrative and office support functions for CLGA to facilitate the efficient operations of the organization.
- Archival Mentor: We are looking for people who have experience as an archivist who are willing to mentor new volunteers in archival practice.
- Archivists: Archivists are responsible for the in-take, processing, and preservation of the archival holdings of the CLGA in a variety of mediums.
- Community Developer: Community developers are people dedicated to doing promotion, research, and tours of the CLGA to directly raise its profile in the community.
- Facilities: Working in facilities includes supporting the ongoing maintenance of our heritage home at 34 Isabella.
- Fundraisers: Fundraisers look for opportunities to increase monetary resources for the CLGA in order to continue the basic functioning of other committees as well as expand CLGA services.
- Social Media Specialist: Social media specialists at the CLGA help us develop and deliver content through social media and, engage with communities that we serve.